The day after the election, Alex Iskold (Techstars NY Managing Director) wrote a great post titled Dear Founders, I Commit to Double My Support For You and Your Startups. It’s vintage, wonderful Alex along with a series of specific things he’s going to do.
- Work even more closely with the founders to help them with their financings.
- Help founders drive up revenue, achieving profitability and independence.
- Send even more introductions, connect even more people.
- Answer every single email and every single tweet from a founder.
- Meet more founders in NYC and around the world and give feedback.
- Always iterate on my calendar and make more time for the founders.
- Speak at public events in NYC and around the world about entrepreneurship.
- Blog more about topics founders care about and want to read about.
- Publish my (long in the works) book for founders.
Today, Alex wrote a post titled Introducing Techstars Weekly Diversity and Inclusion Office Hours for Founders in NYC. Every Tuesday from 5pm – 7pm a group of Techstars employees in NY will meet with any female, minority, LGBTQ, or immigrant founder about anything. Sign up here.
In addition to Alex, other Techstars folks who will do these office hours include KJ Singh and Jillian Canning who help Alex run the Techstars NY City Program, Jenny Fielding who runs the Techstars IoT and Fintech Programs, Eamonn Carey who runs Techstars Connection, and Jenny Lawton, who recently joined Techstars as a Chief Operating Officer.
Bravo gang – I love seeing things like this just happen.
Also published on Medium.