After watching 24 last night, I have to remind myself that it’s just not real. However, this morning, on my ill-fated effort to get to Chicago, I got to listen uninterrupted to NPR’s Morning Edition (I have no one to call between 5am – 6am Mountain Time.) I got to hear some great stuff, including:
- Anne Nicole Smith’s Supreme Court Case – hysterical
- Port Takeover By Dubai-based Firm – laws, what laws, why bother – we’ve got terrorism under control
- U.S. Confusion Over Darfur Conflict – those dudes creating the atrocities – they aren’t so bad
- Red Cross Is Incompetent – aw, c’mon, let’s keep the focus on FEMA
- Violence In Iraq – 1,300 dead recently
- Danny and Annie Perasa Letters – heartwarming – Amy, I love you
Oh, and did you notice the volatility in Google’s stock today – the day’s range so far is 397 down to 338 back up to 351 on comments by George Reyes, Google’s CFO, about “overall growth slowing” which I’m sure lots of blogs will comment on today. Kind of as volatile as my emotions have been so far today and it’s only 9:15am. Maybe Apple will announce it is buying Disney today and make the world a happier place.