« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
A bunch of our portfolio companies are hiring. Just today, I got emails about new job pages at Cheezburger (Seattle and NY), SendGrid (Boulder and LA), and Attachments.me (Bay Area). But the growth is everywhere – Zynga (throughout the US), AdMeld (NY, London, Berlin), Fitbit (Bay Area), Gnip (Boulder), Oblong (LA), Trada (Boulder), and – well – most of our other portfolio companies.
I know I’ve got to come up with a better way to aggregate jobs across our portfolio, but if you are on the job hunt, take a look. And if you are looking for something in Boulder, don’t forget that I manage a CEO list that I’ll happily email your resume to.
My friends at Orbotix are hiring. Following is the list of open positions. If you fit the description, like playing with robots, want free beer all day, and live in Boulder, email them a note with a resume.
- Game Designer: Are you passionate about gaming and have a deep understanding of game design and game mechanics? This isn’t a programming job but you will need to be able to create wireframes and rough graphics for games that bridge the gap between the virtual world on your phone with the physical gameplay aspects of Sphero.
- Android Game Developer: Same as the iPhone developer but on the Android side.
- Social Media & Marketing Manager: Do you love robots, toys, and games and can think of nothing better to do than talk to people about them – both in person and on Twitter, Facebook, and a blog? If yes, then this is you!
- PHP Developer Internship: This paid internship is for someone fluent in PHP development who can help manage the Orbotix web sites.
- Marketing Internship: This paid internship is for someone who will be working with our marketing manager to promote Sphero.
Orbotix has some exciting announcements happening in the next 30 days; if you’ve been waiting for the right time to join a hot startup in Boulder, now is the time. And, if you are at SXSW, go hunt down the Orbotix gang and participate in their “Where are my balls?” contest to win a free Sphero.
My friends at Fitbit are hiring a director of marketing. If you, or someone you know, wants a director of marketing job in a fast growing, well funded company in San Francisco, go take a look at the job spec and apply.
There is a ton of hiring going on in our portfolio right now at all levels. We have a bunch of companies that are growing head count 100%+ in 2011 – much of it driven by revenue growth (vs. just a new financing). It’s pretty exciting and I’ll try to figure out a more effective way to broadcast what is going on and what the opportunities are.
In the mean time, I’ve heard of a number of jobs that have come from the Boulder CEO Jobs list that David Cohen and I are maintaining. including several exec jobs like the new CFO at Envysion, This is a reverse jobs list for all the random inbound job seekers that reach out to us for stuff in the Boulder area. If you are a CEO of a Boulder based company and you are not on this list, just email me to be added to it.
We are investors in Memeo, the leading Digital Content software and services platform for consumers and businesses. They are looking for a VP or a Director of Marketing to join them in Santa Clara, CA. If you are interested, please send your resume to MarketingSearch@memeo-inc.com.
A description of the job and Memeo follows:
Memeo is currently recruiting for a VP/Director of Marketing to drive its SasS SMB product growth. Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee SaaS SMB lead generation and marketing programs for backup, cloud sync, collaboration and large file transfer products.
- Create a lead nurturing and lead scoring strategy.
- Oversee analysis of marketing database.
- Implement infrastructure to improve lead generation workflow.
- Oversee social networking and thought leadership strategy.
- Optimize web presence.
Memeo’s suite of software products and cloud-based services helps users to “Simplify Your Digital Life.” Memeo’s offerings include local and online backup, multi-device, cloud synchronization, large file transfer, and multimedia file sharing. Memeo has issued over 50 million licenses in 20 languages in over 150 countries. In addition to millions of customers using Memeo products, there are over 100,000 companies using Memeo, including 1 out of every 7 Fortune 1000 companies. Memo’s partners include Google, Sony, Seagate, Western Digital, Buffalo Technology and NetGear.
Want to work for a startup?
Have you ever wanted to work for a web startup, but aren’t sure where to look or how it might be different from a big company gig? Come check out the TechStars Smackdown event on October 12th in Boulder.
It’s not a typical job fair. The event starts with a panel of entrepreneurs that will answer questions about what it means to work for a startup – common questions such as salary levels, equity versus salary compensation, work/life balance, and job security. Then 12 Boulder companies (Vacation Rental Partner, ScriptPad, Rezora, SendGrid, Omniar, StatsMix, Spot Influence, Graphic.ly, Snapabug, Next Big Sound, Orbotix, BlipSnips, and Gnip) will each get 5 minutes to sell you on why working for their startup will be a great career move.
The event ends with networking so you can meet the founders of these companies in person.
It’s free and open to the public, but requires a reservation. Check it out – you might be the key employee that helps propel that company to stardom.