« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
Yesterday, Gist released their new Gist for Gmail Firefox plugin (the Chrome plugin will be out in two weeks). As a long time Gist user and investor, I’ve been anxiously awaiting this as it makes Gist available to anyone using Gmail (vs. previously just Google Apps users.)
Since I just finally completed my move over to Google Apps, I decided to start over with Gist (by resetting my account) and document the experience of getting it set up. Over the past year I’ve found Gist to be increasing indispensable to me and with the Gist for Gmail implementation, I think it’s in a position to become a critical use application for many people. If you haven’t tried it in a while, or have never tried it, give it a shout. Here’s how.
- Go to Gist.com and sign up.
- Verify your account via the email Gist sends you to confirm.
- Grant access to Gmail for Gist.
- Connect Gist to Facebook and Twitter.
- Download the Gist Firefox plugin.
- Reload Firefox, load Gmail, and click the little (G) icon in the bottom right.
Five minutes from start to finish. Give Gist a try – feedback welcome!