« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
I’ve been keeping my eyes out for one of these. I hope my friends at Microsoft have been also. Apparently the New South Wales Department of Education and Training (that would be Australia) just dumped Microsoft Outlook/Exchange in favor of Gmail.
Before you say "ho hum – it’s only Australia" or "it’s not enterprise – it’s only academia", let’s look at the numbers.
- 1.3m seats
- Previous cost to implement Outlook/Exchange: $33m ($AU) over three years
- New cost to implement Gmail: $9m ($AU) over three years
- Outlook/Exchange storage/mailbox: 35MB
- Gmail storage/mailbox: 6GB
- Weekly emails sent: over 300k
That’s a non-trivial install. (via TechCrunch)