« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
Dave Sifry – the CEO of Technorati – has published his latest State of the Blogosphere in two posts: Part 1: Blog Growth and Part 2: Posting Volume – that looks at the growth of the Blogosphere over the past six months. Some fun facts (as of July 30, 2005) follow:
- Technorati tracks 14.2m blogs and 1.3m links, about double what it tracked six months ago
- Technorati tracks 80,000 newly created blogs each day (a blog every second)
- Technorati tracks 900,000 blog posts each day (10.4 posts a second)
- 55% of the blogs Technorati tracks has a post in the past three months.
- 18% of the blogs Technorati tracks has a post in the past week.
- The weekend posting average is 5% – 10% less then the daily posting average.
Dave has more coming this week (Part 3 – coming tomorrow – includes the growth of tagging).