« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
The Deming Center for Entrepreneurship at CU is looking to hire a new Director. As part of the Leeds School of Business, the Deming Center prepares students across CU’s campus to think like entrepreneurs, act as social innovators and deliver as successful business leaders. It actively engages the community members of Boulder in order to accomplish this. The Deming Center also partners closely with Silicon Flatirons and other CU organizations to put on events such as the New Venture Challenge, Productive Collisions, and annually hosts the regional Venture Capital Investment Competition for MBA students.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of CU and the larger Boulder entrepreneurship community. The person who serves in this Director role will have a unique opportunity to work with individuals both inside and outside the University to help foster and shape entrepreneurship on and off the campus. This person will also be responsible for the overall brand of the center as well as its operational and financial oversight. If you want to be part of a unique contributor to Boulder’s startup ecosystem, apply here!
MakerBot is hiring a lot of folks but they have a two specific needs that are unique. If you fit the description, or know someone who does, please reach out to me or apply.
1. Software Engineer with a focus in Computational Geometry and Image Processing (http://makerbot.
2. Manufacturing Engineer to be a strong leader for our manufacturing teams (http://makerbot.
The jobs are in Brooklyn, home of all things MakerBot.
My friends at Slice of Lime are growing. If you don’t know them, they are a local Boulder company that we use for a bunch of UX / UI / web stuff for ourselves and a number of companies we invest in.
If you are a Senior UX person looking for a new gig, go apply now. Following is more info on Slice of Lime and the position.
We’re a 11+ year old business that specializes in creating marketing websites and user interface design for web apps and mobile apps. We work with a wide range of clients including technology startups and big brands. We’re consistantly recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and top ten in our industry in Boulder.
We’re looking for an individual that can:
- Interact directly with a client and be accountable for managing their own project schedule and deliverables
- Run meetings and present / defend your strategy and design work
- Create strategy documents such as personas, information architecture, user paths, and wireframes
- Create high-end design work suitable for both marketing websites as well as web and mobile applications
- Collaborate well with other Slice of Limers
We practice agile methodologies with our UX/UI work and have fine tuned our process to work seamlessly with our clients’ internal or external development teams.
Slice of Lime offers a great work environment with a focus on “creating amazing experiences” for our clients and ourselves. We offer wonderful health insurance, a generous vacation plan, $500 to spend on work-releated materials and gear every 6 months, and a competitive salary. We’re located in the heart of downtown Boulder and can’t wait to meet the new member of our team. We hope it’s you!
I’ve written a lot in the last year about how fast Gnip is growing and how they continue to lead their industry. Many of Gnip‘s customers and partners are in the bay area and they have decided to begin adding people in San Francisco to better support those clients.
They’ve just posted their first position in San Francisco to help manage and grow existing customers. If you have the appropriate skills and want to join a truly incredible company, I encourage you to apply.
If you are in Boulder, are a CTO, are into changing the way email works, and are looking for a hot young TechStars company to join, take a look at OkDidIt. They are looking to add a CTO to their team to augment one of the technical founders (who is the CEO) – the job description is up at Careers 2.0.
The skills and requirements follow:
- CS degree from a top school (or equivalent experience)
- minimum 7 years experience building real-world systems software
- proven ability to be the technical team lead
- prior startup experience as a founder or very early employee
- in love with agile development
- proficient developing on Unix-type platforms (no Windows dev experience required)
- proficient developing in Python
- experience using co-routines/Greenlets/gevent
- experience using MongoDB
- experience developing/supporting platform APIs