« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
My friends at Orbotix are hiring. Following is the list of open positions. If you fit the description, like playing with robots, want free beer all day, and live in Boulder, email them a note with a resume.
- Game Designer: Are you passionate about gaming and have a deep understanding of game design and game mechanics? This isn’t a programming job but you will need to be able to create wireframes and rough graphics for games that bridge the gap between the virtual world on your phone with the physical gameplay aspects of Sphero.
- Android Game Developer: Same as the iPhone developer but on the Android side.
- Social Media & Marketing Manager: Do you love robots, toys, and games and can think of nothing better to do than talk to people about them – both in person and on Twitter, Facebook, and a blog? If yes, then this is you!
- PHP Developer Internship: This paid internship is for someone fluent in PHP development who can help manage the Orbotix web sites.
- Marketing Internship: This paid internship is for someone who will be working with our marketing manager to promote Sphero.
Orbotix has some exciting announcements happening in the next 30 days; if you’ve been waiting for the right time to join a hot startup in Boulder, now is the time. And, if you are at SXSW, go hunt down the Orbotix gang and participate in their “Where are my balls?” contest to win a free Sphero.
My friends at Fitbit are hiring a director of marketing. If you, or someone you know, wants a director of marketing job in a fast growing, well funded company in San Francisco, go take a look at the job spec and apply.
There is a ton of hiring going on in our portfolio right now at all levels. We have a bunch of companies that are growing head count 100%+ in 2011 – much of it driven by revenue growth (vs. just a new financing). It’s pretty exciting and I’ll try to figure out a more effective way to broadcast what is going on and what the opportunities are.
In the mean time, I’ve heard of a number of jobs that have come from the Boulder CEO Jobs list that David Cohen and I are maintaining. including several exec jobs like the new CFO at Envysion, This is a reverse jobs list for all the random inbound job seekers that reach out to us for stuff in the Boulder area. If you are a CEO of a Boulder based company and you are not on this list, just email me to be added to it.
We are investors in Memeo, the leading Digital Content software and services platform for consumers and businesses. They are looking for a VP or a Director of Marketing to join them in Santa Clara, CA. If you are interested, please send your resume to MarketingSearch@memeo-inc.com.
A description of the job and Memeo follows:
Memeo is currently recruiting for a VP/Director of Marketing to drive its SasS SMB product growth. Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee SaaS SMB lead generation and marketing programs for backup, cloud sync, collaboration and large file transfer products.
- Create a lead nurturing and lead scoring strategy.
- Oversee analysis of marketing database.
- Implement infrastructure to improve lead generation workflow.
- Oversee social networking and thought leadership strategy.
- Optimize web presence.
Memeo’s suite of software products and cloud-based services helps users to “Simplify Your Digital Life.” Memeo’s offerings include local and online backup, multi-device, cloud synchronization, large file transfer, and multimedia file sharing. Memeo has issued over 50 million licenses in 20 languages in over 150 countries. In addition to millions of customers using Memeo products, there are over 100,000 companies using Memeo, including 1 out of every 7 Fortune 1000 companies. Memo’s partners include Google, Sony, Seagate, Western Digital, Buffalo Technology and NetGear.
There are two positions that I find difficult to fill in Boulder in the various companies we are investors in. The first is a real product manager (PM). We’ve got a bunch of great ones in Boulder, but there appears to be 100% employment for them and I don’t poach from myself as that seems counterproductive. The other difficult person to find is a UX design guru.
Now, there are a number of strong web design and development firms in Boulder, such as our friends at Slice of Lime, and we use them regularly throughout our portfolio. They are also plenty of strong UI developers. However, in some companies we really need a full time UX person, especially those that are software dev heavy. We’ve managed to solve this in most cases, but it’s hard and the pool of gurus is small.
So, I’m looking for one UX person that can also handle the UI development who is off the charts that wants to move to Boulder. I’ve got a well funded company with an awesome technical team for you to join that is working on some really interesting and difficult stuff. It’s going to market in Q4 with a unique product that has the potential to really shake up a particular segment. I’m not looking for a UI person that thinks he can do UX; rather I’m looking for an amazing UX person who specialized in web services and is comfortable crossing over the UI development.
If you are this person, email me right now.
I get a lot of inbound resumes from folks looking to relocate to Boulder. I also get a lot of requests from local CEOs for candidates for various positions. I do my best at connecting folks, but I’m sure plenty of connections slip through the cracks.
So – David Cohen of TechStars (who has the same thing happening to him all the time) and I have created a new private email list for CEOs of Boulder-based companies. We have started to email qualified inbound resumes to this list. By qualified, I mean that it’s a real inquiry, rather than a generic “resume spam email” which is the only email I get that I won’t respond to.
If you are a CEO of a Boulder-based company and want to be added to this list, just email me. Alternatively, if you are interested in relocating to Boulder and want to get exposure to the local CEOs, just email me.
Did someone recently say email was dead? Whatever.