« swipe left for tags/categories
swipe right to go back »
Well – the 2010 marathon season is upon us. As I prepare to head out for a three hour run, I decided to finalize my 2010 calendar.
2009 sucked for me – I didn’t complete any marathons on my way to doing a marathon in every state by the time I’m 50. Mild injuries, several colds, fatigue from work and travel, and general lack of rhythm are my excuses while a temporary failing of my iron will is the real reason.
Out with the 2009 lameness – it’s a new year and we’ll try again. My best year was 2008 when I did five marathons so let’s up that by one and do six this year. Here are the one’s I’m currently planning to do.
- 02/28/10 – New Orleans, LA: Rock ‘n’ Roll Mardi Gras Marathon
- 04/11/10 – St Louis, MO: GO! St. Louis Marathon
- 06/12/10 – Marathon, IA: Marathon to Marathon
- 08/21/10 – Rachel, NV: E.T. Full Moon Midnight Marathon
- 10/17/10 – Detroit, MI: Detroit Free Press / Flagstar Marathon
- 12/11/10 – Kiawah, SC: Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon
I’m always game to have friends tag along and run with me so feel free to reach out if you are so inclined. And – I’m trying to figure out what kind of new special 2010 charity thing to add on to my existing sponsors Return Path and Pixie Mate so I’m open to suggestions. And – as always – a super huge thanks to my amazing coach Gary Ditsch at Endurance Base Camp for putting up with me.
See you in a few weeks New Orleans!