I just read Howard Lindzon’s book The Wallstrip Edge: Using Trends to Make Money — Find Them, Ride Them, and Get Off. It’s a really fun book – 200 pages of the inside of Howard’s brain. There are so many things about Howard that I love including:
- He is totally hilarious
- He created Wallstrip, which was a successful investment for me (and him)
- He understands how and when to use the word fuck
- He twitters endlessly about his twittering (and stocks – especially Stocktwits, which he helped create)
- Whenever I spend any time with Howard, I laugh at least once ever five minutes
- He has this funny Canadian accent that is crossed with a weird Arizona semi-drawl spoken at a New Yorkers pace
- He’s been a hugely helpful TechStars Mentor
- He’s a self-proclaimed putz – and proud of it
- He wrote about me in his book and was very flattering
- He has a giant party in the spring called LindzonPalooza and schedules it on a weekend that I can never come
- His blog is dynamite
I could keep going but you get the point. If your path hasn’t intersected with Howard, you are missing out. Howard will engage in a conversation with pretty much anyone, including my dad, so go for it. And grab his book – it’ll give you a fresh perspective on public (and private) market investing.
Don’t take my word for it – take Fred Wilson’s. On the back cover he says “When I first came across Howard, he had a blog called PutzOrYutz.com. But he is anything but a putz. He’s among the smartest investors, both in the public and private markets, that I know.” Howard also wrote nice things about Fred in his book, but Fred (and I) both gave the publisher our back cover quotes before we read the book.
Yup – Fred and I are card carrying members of the Howard Lindzon Fan Club. Lindzonville is a terrific and endlessly hilarious place.