For some reason, I get a copy of TechComm: The National Journal of Technology Commercialization. I was thumbing through it where I read all my physical magazines these days (the bathroom) and came upon an excellent article titled Q: How Smart Was Einstein? A. Really Smart. As everyone spends the next few days praising Lance Armstrong’s Tour de Force, let’s not forget Einstein’s amazing year – 1905 (er – 100 years ago in case your math is rusty.)
- March 1905: Creates the quantum theory of light
- April 1905: Invents new method of counting and determining the size of the atoms or molecules in a given space
- May 1905: Explains the phenomenon of Brownian motion
- June 1905: Completes theory of special relativity
- H2 1905: Extension of special relativity –> E=mc2
All this when he was 26 and working full time as a patent examiner. I wonder what he could have accomplished if he had access to Microsoft Virtual Earth.